Repair Damaged Teeth with
Custom Same-day Crowns
At Adams Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, our dentists can provide dental crowns to repair severely damaged and weakened teeth. Our restorations are made from advanced materials, including porcelain, metal, and IPS e.max®, allowing their natural color and sparkle to blend with your smile. In many cases, we can provide same-day crowns. Our Columbus, GA, practice is equipped with CEREC® technology, which can carve out a custom restoration, usually in about two hours. Whichever type of crown you receive, your new restoration can fully restore your dental function.
Are Dental Crowns Right For You?
A dental crown will completely cover your tooth and perform many different functions. Dental crowns are good for patients for many reasons:
- Prevent Further Decay: A crown can cover a tooth with a very large cavity. The restoration will restore your dental function and prevent further decay.
- Repair Cracked Teeth: A crown can repair a cracked tooth and stop further structural damage.
- Rebuild Worn Teeth: If you have suffered dental erosion, a crown can rebuild your worn teeth to redistribute the force along your bite.
- Replace Missing Teeth: Two crowns can uphold a dental bridge to replace missing teeth. We can also work with an oral surgeon to provide an implant-supported crown.
- Improve Aesthetics: In some cases, we can use a crown to address cosmetic concerns. For example, a crown can improve an unusually shaped tooth or one with serious discoloration.
Types of Dental Crowns
Before placing a dental crown, we will first select the right type of material. At Adams Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, you have three options to choose from:
- Metal is a very durable material, but will not blend with your other teeth.
- Porcelain will be a near-perfect match to your smile. Our same-day CEREC® crowns are made of porcelain. We offer different types of porcelain crowns and can fabricate IPS e.max® crowns in our office.
“Once the restoration is in place, you will be able to enjoy complete dental function right away.”
Placing Dental Crowns
When you are ready to receive your restoration, we will first reshape your tooth. After numbing the area, we will trim dental tissue to create room for the crown. With our gentle methods and local sedation, the procedure will involve minimal discomfort.
Next, we will take impressions of your tooth. If you are going to receive a same-day crown, we will capture digital scans with our CEREC® imaging system. Our in-office milling machine will carve out a crown based on these models. If you choose a traditional crown, we may take manual impressions and send them to our partner lab. These skilled technicians will create an individualized crown that will be a near-perfect fit for your tooth.
Once your crown is finished, we will make sure that it fits properly. If you are satisfied with both the look and function, we will attach it to your tooth. Once the restoration is in place, you will be able to enjoy complete dental function right away.
Benefits of Same-day Crowns
The biggest advantage of same-day crowns is that your treatment will be fast and convenient. You will not have to worry about making multiple trips to the office, and you will not have to wear an awkward temporary restoration.
In addition, same-day crowns have important health benefits. They require less alteration of your teeth than metal restorations, and will typically form a stronger bond. CEREC® crowns are very strong and can last for many years.
Schedule Your Consultation
At Adams Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we understand that a damaged or weakened tooth can be painful and can cause an otherwise healthy smile to be flawed. In some cases, a damaged tooth may require a quick restoration, which can be achieved with our same-day crowns. Contact us today to learn more.
By using an effective combination of cutting-edge technology and time-proven methods, our team can keep your smile healthy and beautiful. Come see us today and discover your smile!Adams Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, P.C.